Monthly Archives: April 2020



44th National Chevrolet Festival – Yarrawonga Victoria.


“ G,DAY BOWTIES “  !!!!!!


As a result of the ongoing health concerns from the spread of the coronavirus and the Stage 3 Restrictions announced just this week by both Federal and State Governments, the 44th National Chevrolet Festival has been postponed and will be rescheduled to October 2021.


This decision has not been made lightly and has been reached in direct consultation with both the NSW National Festival Governing Body and the Chevrolet Car Club of Victoria Committee.  We all are and, will be extremely disappointed that our beloved festival that was set to be another great National Event cannot be held in 2020. However, the good news is that all the very exceptional arrangements the committee have put together for you will be carried over to 2021 and, the extra 12 months will allow us more time to make it even better!!.


To explain the situation from our festival perspective, we simply cannot provide you or our valuable sponsors with any assurance of the forward uptake and timing by entrants that are essential to make for the correct level of participation to provide you with an event at a level you have come to expect. Entries have effectively come to a complete stop since the government lock downs were put in place and the committee is acutely aware and considerate that every prospective entrant has been impacted by this situation to varying degrees that will also take an extended period of time to recover.


For example, a six month period of Stage 3 restrictions will take us through to September 2020 and many of us will then need to reassess our family position, our business status, financial situation and even possibly our employment condition. Therefore, the committee has elected to be proactive and provide everyone with sufficient advance notice to think and prepare for Yarrawonga 2021!!


For those who have sent in their entrant fees, these will be refunded ASAP and the committee encourages those many people who have made advanced accommodation bookings to contact your provider to cancel or even better, postpone until October 2021. Should any entrant encounter any difficulties in cancelation or deferment, please do not hesitate in contacting us at ‘’ as we have consulted each of the primary venues and Yarrawonga/Mulwala Visitor Information Centre in advance of this important notification.



Sincere regards..



Your 44th Festival Committee

Coronavirus (COVID19) Update


At the Chevrolet Car Club committee meeting on 25th March the main agenda item was how we as a club would comply with the current restrictions while still supporting our members.

As of 25th March the following will apply:

  • Monthly meetings are cancelled until further notice
  • The 2020 Birthday run has been cancelled
  • The AGM scheduled for 4th May will be postponed to a later date and the current committee will stay in place until that time.
  • There will be no club runs or outings
  • The clubrooms are not available for hire

Club Permit Scheme renewals/applications including a stamped envelope with your address for return, are to be mailed to

Chevrolet Car Club of Victoria
PO Box 583
Toorak Victoria 3142

 (face to face renewals/applications are at the discretion of the permit officer)

  • The Bowtie will still be issued each month, but we need articles as there will be no meeting minutes.
  • The 2020 National Chevrolet Festival has been rescheduled to October 2021.
  • The club website calendar will be progressively updated
  • We are going to attempt to give you your monthly meeting fix, by introducing email “meetings”, the first of these was the Vic Vettes meeting 30/03/20.

Despite recent emails and Facebook comments that VicRoads offices would not take payment over the counter for Club Permit renewals VicR oads have now advised that “Whilst they remain open, VicRoads Customer Service Centres will continue to accept payment for club permit renewals”.

I appologise for the delay in sending this advice but it was necessary to ensure that we had considered all aspects and advised all the relevant parties with respect to the festival.

Until life returns to normal we will provide updates as the situation changes via post, email, Facebook,  website and the Bow-Tie.  Please log onto the website and make sure your email and or postal  address is correct so we can keep you up to date.

In the meantime please comply with any government directives and stay safe.

Keith Taylor